Welcome to Lot 79: A Parcel of Rogues!



I'll be discussing all the upcoming RPG projects we have planned over the coming weeks and months. The first, and by far the largest, project I'm working on is "The Tinkling Bell and other Autumnal Adventures," scheduled for release in March of 2027. 

Along the way, I'll be sharing the world of Caledoria: its people, religions, folklore, and myriad beasties, as well as the setting-specific character classes and what makes them unique. The Tinkling Bell series is written for Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC), one of my favourite RPGs, and is set in the Highlands and Lowlands of the ancient land of Caledoria, a fantasy realm inspired by my home country of Scotland.

A few years ago, I was fortunate enough to contribute to The Greatest Thieves in Lankhmar boxed set, and now that my desk is finally clear, I've been itching to return to writing for the system. I started sketching out the first adventure nearly four years ago, and now I have another three partially written to accompany it; it's time to get them out into the world. 

The line is designed around the turning of the seasons. Beginning in Autumn and concluding in Summer, each season will feature around four adventures for different character levels, giving players plenty to explore throughout that part of the year. Every seasonal release will also include a gazetteer for the Judge, providing enough detail to continue adventuring in Caledoria until the next instalment arrives.

Oh, and if you're wondering where the title comes from, wonder no longer. As a lifelong Black Sabbath fan, I've always been fascinated by the mysterious wizard in the song "The Wizard," and over the years I've often wondered who he really was. Well, now you'll get to find out.

In Caledoria, however, he's no benevolent wanderer. Here, he is a dark jester known only as Jack, the Many-Named Man...

"Misty morning, clouds in the sky
Without warning, the wizard walks by
Casting his shadow, weaving his spell
Long grey cloak, tinkling bell..."


See you soon!
Alasdair









Comments